Progressive Epoxy Polymers, Inc founder PAUL OMAN (taken at Seabrook Sailing Club - Seabrook TX -- 1990s)
Epoxy Polymers, Inc.
"The Right Epoxy Fixes Darn Near Everything!" **
Progressive Epoxy Polymers, Inc founder PAUL OMAN
(taken at Seabrook Sailing Club - Seabrook TX -- 1990s)
Progressive Epoxy Polymers, Inc.
"The Right Epoxy Fixes Darn Near Everything!"
**EMAIL / ph 603.435.7199 EST / BUY ONLINE **
NO SALES TAX - You are shopping in TAX FREE New Hampshire
We are the only technology based coating/epoxy/resin company that actively encourages your phone calls, not just during our East Coast work hours but also after/before hours, evening, weekends and even holidays. We're available when you are. We form a personal relationship with our customers and freely share technical information, how to-advice, product information and tips-and-tricks. Speak with a non-salesman technical professional with over 25 years of experience in the resin/coating/epoxy industry (no newbie staffer on the phone lines!). Floors, tables, boats, leaks, rot repair. We handle it all!
Your Host and Tour Guide:
Paul Oman, MS, MBA - Progressive Epoxy Polymers, Inc. (floor epoxies, marine epoxies, underwater epoxies, repair epoxies)
Member: NACE (National Assoc. of Corrosion Engineers), SSPC (Soc. of Protective Coatings)
WoodenBoat Marketplace sponsor
"Professionals helping Professionals since 1994"
Questions? / Phone order? / EMAIL / CALL 603-435-7199 EST / BUY ONLINE
GOOGLE SITE SEARCH - Click here Epoxy specific site search
Click here - YouTube video. Learn about Progressive Epoxy Polymers Inc.
Former Sailing Instructor -- 1976 Yachting Magazine -- Jr. Article Writing contest 1st place winner --
Boat builder -- Founder: Friday Night Kayaking Club -- "Good Old Boat" magazine advertiser
- SPECIAL BULK PRICING ON MARINE EPOXIES - ANY AMOUNT OVER 15 GALLONS --
If your "HELP" person can't explain nonyl-phenol, cyclo-aliphatic epoxies, epoxy adducts, MCU urethanes or LPU polyurethanes, they're salespeople and not coating professionals. If your "SUPPORT" person won't return your call on a Sunday afternoon, they're not really interested in you. At Progressive Epoxy Polymers/EpoxyProducts.com we are your Help and Support Professionals. Call : 603 - 435 7199
BoatU.S. member since 1980
THREE MUST READ WEB PAGES
MPRICES - 2 part marine epoxy pricing issues - CLICK HERE - (you are here already!)
MEPOXIES - comparing 2 part clear marine epoxies - CLICK HERE -
EVAL4U - how to evaluate your marine/non marine epoxy vendor - CLICK HERE -
Questions? / Phone order? / EMAIL / CALL 603-435-7199 EST / BUY ONLINE
Don't' be eaten alive by epoxy prices!
1) A very small number of the giant chemical companies make epoxy resins and curing agents. The major marine epoxy companies - WEST, MAS, SYSTEM THREE, PROGRESSIVE EPOXY (that's us!) purchase these raw materials and then formulate/blend/modify them into their marine epoxy products. The small, discount epoxy sellers buy the bulk raw chemicals from the giant chemical companies and decant them into small units for resale. They do not formulate or modify/blend the raw chemicals. They simply repackage the 'raw' resins (which are usually too brittle for many applications).
REPEAT: There are two types of epoxy vendors. The 'serious' professional grade epoxies are formulated by beginning with the raw resins manufactured by the giant chemical companies. Call these companies EPOXY FORMULATORS. Generally the low price epoxy vendors merely repackage these raw bulk resins. Not a good thing! Call these companies EPOXY REPACKAGERS. Lots of repackagers focus on the marine epoxy marketplace. Repackaged epoxy It is the difference between Moonshine and Jack Daniels. Use only FORMULATED SPECIAL PURPOSE EPOXIES LIKE THOSE SOLD IN THIS WEB SITE. Going cheap can have very $$$ consequences. Our Basic No Blush epoxy is the least expensive formulated epoxy - and sometimes cheaper then the repackaged resins.
2) The 'standard' marine epoxies will 'amine blush' produce a waxy surface film during curing. All the vendors offer better, more expensive, non blushing marine epoxies. Progressive Epoxy (that's us) sells only non blushing marine epoxy (Basic No Blush ™ and Premium No Blush™ , our non hazmat to ship version).
3) Most epoxies are sold through agents, resellers and distributors. Distributors usually get the epoxy at 50% (40%-60%) off the list price. They double the price and sell it to end users like you. So most epoxies are sold by the manufacturers at 'half price' or 'distributor pricing' to distributors who mark it up and resell it. PROGRESSIVE EPOXY POLYMERS does not use distributors or resellers. You can only get Basic No Blush epoxy directly from us. Compare and you will find our prices are 50% less than the end user prices our competitors regular or non blushing epoxies sell for. Our epoxy is equal or better in quality - our prices are 'distributor prices' for everyone. If we used distributors we would need to vastly increase our prices to our customers to match the 100% markup added by distributors. Call it 'distributor pricing for everyone' or ' half price' epoxy - whatever floats your boat!
4) INDUSTRY PRICING - MAJOR MARINE EPOXY FORMULATORS/MANUFACTURERS
(Prices - data collected 7/19/2010 - A Full Decade Ago!)
MAS EPOXY (their Flag Non Blushing Epoxy (1.5 gal unit - approx. $178.98) http://www.masepoxies.com/users/0142C6E0-CF1D-CEE2-59ED58C41CE094DA/library/files/2010%20%20retailjan%201%202010.pdf ... REFORMULATOR
SYSTEM THREE (their non blushing Silver Tip Epoxy (1.5 gal unit - approx. $175) http://www.systemthree.com/store/pc/SilverTip-Laminating-Resin-c10.htm ... REFORMULATOR
WEST (their non blushing epoxy/207 cure (1.31 gal unit - approx. $169.16) http://www.westsystem.com/ss/price-list/ ....REFORMULATOR
RAKA (a low price epoxy seller - resin and 305 non blushing resin (1.5 gal - 6 quart kit - approx. $105) http://www.raka.com/epoxy_kits.html .... RE-PACKAGER
PROGRESSIVE EPOXY POLYMERS (epoxyproducts.com & EpoxyUSA.com - that's us!) Basic No Blush Epoxy (That's Us!!).... REFORMULATOR
"Decade later" (11/2019 price) $128 for 1.5 gal kit of Basic No Blush (non-blushing) marine epoxy
Essentially we offer DISTRIBUTOR PRICES to everyone. No no sales tax - you are shopping in Tax Free New Hampshire
** EMAIL / ph 603.435.7199 EST / BUY ONLINE **
Our marine/boating epoxy on-line catalog site
(www.epoxyproducts.com/marine.html) which then links to:
Section One MARINE - CLEAR EPOXIES sometimes called 'goo' ***********
Section Two FILLERS THICKENERS ADDITIVES ***********
Section Three THICKENED EPOXIES - EPOXY PUTTIES - sometimes called 'goo', ETC. ***********
Section Four EPOXY PAINTS (barrier coats) ***********
Section Five URETHANES AND NON-EPOXY COATINGS
Section Six NON-SKID DECK COATINGS ***********
Section Seven MARINE REPAIR (fiberglass cloth etc) PRODUCTS ***********
Section Eight MISC. MARINE PRODUCTS ***********
Marine Photo Gallery
Ask the EPOXY GURU
Ask Professor E.Poxy
Let's stay connected. It's a win-win situation. Receive our online NEWSLETTER by emailing us your name and email address.
NOTICE: Legal notices, Terms of Service, warranty information, disclaimers, health warnings, etc. are required reading before using web site, ordering and/or using Products. Any such use and/or ordering, online or by telephone, shall constitute acceptance and knowledge of all such terms.CLICK HERE to access these terms. Please note: Whenever you purchase from this web site, and with each new purchase, you are granting us full and complete permission to add you to our email newsletter list at our option.
RETURNS: call or email for authorization to return. Returns are subject to a 25% restock fee. Customer pays return shipping and must comply with federal DOT shipping requirement/labeling for hazmat epoxies under penalty of fines and legal action.